The text in the item card is a sacred cow and a sacred phenomenon. The owners of online stores, at least small and medium-sized, tend to describe everything. That's literally everything!
Brass shower drain? He needs at least 2,000 characters of text. Toilet bowl brand "Cheap & Angry"? Another 2,000 characters. Cheap t-shirt with a rock band print? Here Cthulhu himself ordered to pour 2,000 characters of water.
Do not believe? Here are some interesting examples.
Here from 1,000 characters of text go to each product. In most cases, this is just a footcloth, written on the principle of "so that was."
Or here's a long story about all the tricks of bandages. The reader needs to know their functionality, dimensions and maximum some unique feature. Everything else is overkill.
And there are thousands of such examples.
Millions of meaningless symbols grow and multiply exponentially. They flood the reader with avalanche, throwing out a mountain of information on him. One important question remains open:
"Why, Mr. Anderson, why? In the name of what? What are you doing? Why, why fill the site with meaningless information? Why continue to shove the description of the toilet bowls into the user?
And now we will try to figure out whether our optimizer Anderson is right or can he suggest better ways of writing texts for product cards?
- What the search engines say about product cards
- We describe simple products - a couple of words instead of a footwoman
- We describe unique products - a long text for a demanding customer
- Where to send lost traffic
- To entrust the writing of texts
- Video reviews - more visibility, better conversion
- How to issue a product card so that the client does not suffer painfully
"Canonic" description - what was taught before
Cards of goods, filled according to some secret pattern - the scourge of small and medium businesses. Large online stores usually do not suffer from this. Although they have an inverse problem with insufficient information, when even the size of the cup is not indicated for the coffee maker.
Most often for the "reference" description of looking at the stock exchange. It must be between 1,000 and 2,000 characters. Neither more nor less.
Here is a canonical example, straight from the chamber of weights and measures.
And while I was looking for a reference example of TK, projects from this customer had accumulated on several pages. The site will be filled with water information, useless for people. Why is it needed?
Some go further. That someone wants to site a huge footwoman about the nozzle on the drill for plucking poultry. What for? Who wants to read the whole story about the nozzle?
The buyer needs specific information - what is suitable for, whether it will be able to pluck a turkey or a goose, how long it will last. It all fits into 1,000 characters. What to write the remaining 2,500 is a mystery.
It is actively saturated with the keywords "order", "buy", "characteristics", "comparisons" and "reviews". Traffic with non-overlapping interests and tasks flows onto the page.
It has a minimum of specific and useful information. The customer does not provide enough "meat" to tastyly present the reader with a dress or another toilet with Gzhel. And if the problem is solved with phones and other equipment, then clothing, windows, doors, plumbing and many other categories remain at the mercy of the author.
So we have identified the main problem that requires an immediate solution.
What the search engines say about product cards
I will be brief here. Search engines believe that content should be in demand. It is necessary to create it with the sole purpose - to give the visitor useful information. The reader should get something from the text that helps him to make a choice.
This has already been an interesting article on TexTerra, where the author talked about the value of uniqueness in the eyes of the search engine.
"Baden-Baden" helps to make sure that the empty descriptions are unnecessary. The blog "Yandex" already had the answers that the page should be useful to the user. Water on the coolness of the toilet - these are unclaimed characters. Why does the search engine show them in the issuance?
So, we decided on the main criterion for the value of the text in the item card. He must be sought after.
It's time to give this definition more specifics.
We describe simple products - a couple of words instead of a footwoman
There is a huge category of "simple" products. And I'm not talking about the complexity of their device. Most of the home appliances, clothing, plumbing and much more than we use every day. We understand how it works, where it is used and for what.
For them, you don’t need to write huge text tails. Let's try to elaborate a bit, highlighting two main categories of goods:
- Very simple products. Clothing, plumbing and other things without special technical characteristics. All sizes, dimensions, etc. you should already have on the product page. There is no need to pour thousands of characters. It is enough to limit the general characteristics - material, color, style, lining. All that helps the user to quickly make a choice. A place for a couple of keys with the request to "buy" or "order" also remains, so everything is cool. Leave the water about baroque style and compatibility with classic imperialistic interiors in 2007.
- Complex goods. Washing machines, telephones, irons, electric shavers and more. Here you can already swing at 1,000 characters. But, again, it is not necessary to hit the “ergonomic cases of pleasant colors with smooth lines, emphasizing the brilliant design.” Concentrate on the important chips - battery life, the number of washing modes, the presence of two main cameras at once, a powerful processor or good bass in a portable speaker. Do as Apple, let's squeeze out the coolest facts about a product.
A rare beast will roam and choose the right product directly in the online store. This is usually done in advance on forums, review sites and otzovikah. Therefore, from the water footcloth will not be confused.
We describe unique products - a long text for a demanding customer
Joyful part for lovers of long descriptions of goods. They are not so hopeless! They deserve the online stores of rare, exotic, rare and other expensive and exclusive products. All products that cannot be selected in advance from reviews and comparisons should be described.
But you should not get carried away. There is no sense in giving specific dimensions in tyscheznak - they will not tell you anything. Better explain what should be in the card:
- What is it. A brief description of what is in front of the user is a statuette of an ancient Hindu god, a rare box or a reproduction of a famous painting.
- What is it from? The main material, from which the finishing and lining, jewelry is or inserts of real diamonds with gold trim. All those little things that determine the cost, rarity and attractiveness for the target client.
- Additional value. This is a reproduction of a famous artist or a rare original. Maybe you offer the buyer an exact copy of the pouch, which was used by Peter I, or just something original, made by modern creators. All this creates additional value for high-quality replica or confirms the cost of the original.
The description is intended for an audience that came from a search for queries in the spirit of "buy a rare box" or "vintage dressers". The client opened the category, chose products of interest and began reading the description. It is based on your words that he will make a choice. Influence decision-making by the capacious and tasty text in a card.
Such visitors could not physically see the reviews in advance. They doubt and walk through your site as if by the ranks of a shopping center or even at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. They choose, look, evaluate and sometimes delightfully click their tongues.
Feel like an oriental merchant. Praise the product, show it from all sides, let it evaluate.
Descriptions of exclusive and unique products should give the customer a complete idea of what he will receive in the end - this is important. Forget about the characters. A simple statuette is enough 1,000 characters. And any set of richly decorated caskets, chest of drawers and mirrors deserves 10,000 characters. If only they were not just like that, but revealed the features and advantages of the product.
Here is an example of a good description of an expensive dresser. The seller decided to justify the high cost of a unique design. And the card turned out delicious, useful for the reader. The client who chooses furniture for the style of the room will receive information for making a decision. He correctly justify and sell the price.
But a short, but very suitable description of the product. Yes, there are no 1,000 characters. But the plate is immediately perceived not just as "dishes with a print." She goes into the category of interesting and unusual gift.
And one more example. The store offers a travel map where you can erase coverage from the countries visited. The text not only reveals the essence of the product, but also gives ideas on its use. A "tanned" reader is much more inclined to make a purchase. The main thing, selling the idea, is not to start writing historical excursions. This is overkill.
Where to send lost traffic
All site owners want to attract more visitors. But here there is a conflict with the proposed options for cards of goods.
For example, you are unlikely to be able to insert the keywords "review" and "comparison" in the smartphone description. That is, lost "cold" traffic.
But this is not a minus! This is not the kind of traffic that is needed directly to the sales sections. It is better to send it to the information part of the site. Create a whole section of reviews and comparisons, where there will be detailed articles on products. It is in them interested "cold" visitors who have not yet decided to make a purchase.
You will receive loyal visitors who remember the design of the site, the name or logo. A bookmark will appear in the brain's cerebral cavities about where the person collected useful information and where to return later.
You can give links from the cards to reviews and comparisons for a particular model, and from them back to the card with the offer to buy. Traffic is not lost, it is divided into two streams. And everyone gets only the information for which he came.
To entrust the writing of texts
With the size and content of the cards figured out, now it remains to answer another important question - who should write all this. There are several options here, which is called for every taste and budget.
You can do this with descriptions like this:
- Make your own. Of the benefits - if you are a business owner, you almost always know your product perfectly. And if not, then at least do not spend money on the services of third-party specialists. Of the minuses - the need to develop the right style, structure the text and throw out all unnecessary. Otherwise, not least because of the deep knowledge of the product and the desire to share it, there may appear a footcloth. And the inability to write will call a bunch of stationery and flowery descriptions in two paragraphs.
- Go to the stock exchange. Of the benefits - a very low price tag. Depending on the exchange, the cost can begin literally from 5 rubles per 1,000 characters and further. More or less literate text can be obtained already for 50 rubles. The study of the structure begins on average from 80 rubles. More or less immersion in the topic starts from 100 rubles, before this practiced fast rewriting. The disadvantages are appropriate - no immersion in the topic, mediocre quality, and often disruption of terms. I would not recommend saving on conversion materials.
- Look at the agency. Of the benefits is the ability to quickly fill even the largest site and the highest probability that the author plunges into the business. It should be borne in mind that 100% estimate the quality of texts on the portfolio does not work. Usually agencies work immediately with a huge number of writers. Someone just recently fled and jumped out of the stock exchanges, someone lazy mastodon, who sees no reason to go on a free swim. Therefore, sometimes you can get the text of the exchange level, but written several times more expensive. And sometimes you can get a masterpiece is 10 times cheaper than its real value. To work and dig with the choice still have to.
- Refer to private copywriters. Of the benefits - you can immediately assess the quality of texts on the portfolio, discuss all issues, look at the experience or the desire of the artist to immerse yourself in your business. The main disadvantage is the risk of running into the "undercover agency", when a screen copywriter takes orders and outsources them on the stock exchange, edits and issues them as his own. There is also a chance of breaking deadlines due to the Moon in Sagittarius and magnetic storms on Alpha Centauri. Price tag often bites.
Ready to spend time and learn new things? Use the texts yourself or assign an employee who wants to earn some money.
Want to save and risk quality? You can try the exchange. Maybe you are lucky enough to win the jackpot even in a broken one-handed gangster, and you will immediately fall for the nugget. Then the texts will be the reference and the money is not particularly reduced.
Ready to invest in a business? Then you to private authors or agencies. They can specifically discuss the problem and get detailed advice and good output texts.
Video reviews - more visibility, better conversion
Video reviews extremely undervalued tool. It is used extremely rarely. Although in recent times the situation has gradually changed - stores turn on their own channels or collect other people's videos and place them on the item card.
Video descriptions allow you to demonstrate much more than just text and photos:
- Show product "as in life." Understand the dimensions of some things, just looking at the photo, it is impossible. A chest of drawers can look great against the backdrop of a perfect interior, and a T-shirt will accentuate all the reliefs of Jason Statham's secret twin. But then the goods will come to the client, and he will be upset that everything in the picture was perceived better. Video also helps to show in advance what exactly the buyer will receive. We almost completely eliminate the factor of disappointment when receiving the goods. A satisfied customer is a regular customer.
- To hook the client with one of those products that he simply did not look at. How often did you find yourself in the kitchens section to order, when you went to the online store to see a cheap toothbrush? I think that rarely. And how often did you find yourself watching "99 tips on repairing a diesel submarine," going to YouTube to see about the seals? I think that much more often. In this lies the chip. Video content is addictive. The user can start watching about the jacket, then go to the next video about the sneakers, look at the multitool and eventually buy an inflatable boat and a set of fishing rods for her. When watching a video, ideas are often lit that require almost immediate implementation.
- Attract additional audience. Jackets, phones, equipment - everything that we use every day, most often, is not spontaneously selected. Previews reviews, reviews and comparisons. And here you catch this audience. At the ready there is already a useful video. They watch it, share it with friends and remember your store. Especially if it is recorded with the soul and closes the questions of the viewer. Give yourself the freedom of creativity.
And the item is out of the list - you give visitors an alternative. Someone is sitting at home in a chair and he is too lazy to read the text. He opens the video and watches it, rather than bouncing back into the search.
Someone goes to the subway and can not watch the video. It will suit a detailed text with all the juicy information that can be read slowly.
The client remains on the site if he is interested in something. He does not go looking for more information. This is a great plus, because as soon as the user closes the tab, the chances of his return drop sharply.
A good example of a store with video content in product cards is “Shanti-shanty.rf”. The guys took a video review for each card.
Here is what one of the founders of the store writes about the effectiveness of this approach:
Borrow this approach or not - decide for yourself.
How to issue a product card so that the client does not suffer painfully
The reader should be pleased to be on the site. And this concerns not only beautiful fonts and correctly selected color range. It is also necessary to arrange a card correctly. Do not force the client to jump around the site and scroll the page up and down every 10 seconds.
To pay attention:
- The design of the text. Do not place all in one paragraph, even if you write 500 or 1,000 characters. Such material is not read, its maximum is overlooked by the corner of the eye. And the information obtained is not digested. Add subtitles and lists, give the reader the opportunity to quickly jump to the desired item. И не забудьте выбрать подходящий размер шрифта. Иногда описания так шифруют, что выбирают для них 8 или 9 кегль.
- Разделению информации. Do not interfere with a bunch of overview, description and specifications. Divide them into different tabs under the product photos. Let the user see the description first, then be able to switch to video content, see specifications and reviews. All this is tabbed, but the reader remains and acts in one screen. He is comfortable and does not interfere.
- Social evidence. You can talk as much as you want about the benefits of a new generation of refrigerators, but the reader will still have doubts. Therefore, it is worth adding a review section to the card, including from large sites in the spirit of Yandex.Market. The client will immediately see that other people choose this product. There will be a belief that many buyers can not make a mistake. And the fear has disappeared, the desire to purchase goods has become stronger.
Try to make your site as convenient as possible. The client should not at one moment want to go somewhere to get more information or stop breaking their eyes.
Here is a canonical example of user convenience.
Almost all important managed to fit on one screen. On the left picture - you can see and twist the phone. Next is the price and the "Buy" button, so that the user will not be annoyed to look for the value of the goods.
Below is a handy unit with switches. Immediately shows the description of the goods, then you can quickly switch to specifications, see reviews, questions and answers. Plus the system is that the user does not have to scroll kilometers of text and images. You can always click and switch to another section. Very convenient, especially on smartphones.
Descriptions of the goods needed. They give traffic, are useful to readers and help increase conversion. But this tool can not be used thoughtlessly.
Now is not the time to produce millions of characters just like that. It is no longer possible to roll into the top with a large footcloth saturated with keywords. It should be useful, in demand.
Create a description - think about the client. Does he need a lot of information about the product or is it so common or understandable that you can limit yourself to a couple of lines? Or vice versa, you sell unique products that require detailed accompanying text.
Customer Wishes are your key to creating the right description. The rest is secondary.