Content marketers promote projects by creating and publishing expert content that is useful to the audience. The effectiveness of marketing campaigns depends on a number of factors, including the ranking of the resource being promoted in search engines. Therefore, content marketers use SEO tools that increase the visibility of published content for users of Yandex, Google, and other search engines.
Search engine optimization tools used in content marketing campaigns can be grouped into the following groups:
- Tools for working with the semantic core.
- Tools for analyzing the keywords of competitors.
- Technical tools SEO.
- Link monitoring tools.
- SEO campaign management tools.
- Web analytics tools.
Below you will find a description of the tools belonging to the listed groups.
Tools for working with semantic core
Composing the semantic core of the resource, content marketers determine the needs of the audience. Given them, they form a long-term content plan. By publishing content in demand by potential and existing customers, marketers ensure the relevance of the promoted resource.
Among the tools for working with the semantic core is to highlight the well-known "Yandex.Wordstat" and "Keyword Planner" by Google, as well as Key Collector.
The Google Keyword Planner defines the key phrases that Google users most often use when searching for information. This tool allows you to predict traffic, group and combine key phrases.
Yandex.Wordstat provides an opportunity to determine the most popular queries among users of the Yandex search system. The service displays query statistics, helps to predict impressions. In addition, the service shows similar user requests.
Key Collector is a professional paid tool for working with the semantic core. It helps to identify current key requests, as well as to estimate the cost of promoting a project on a particular request. In addition to high performance, Key Collector is notable for its convenience. This program greatly simplifies the work with the semantic core.
Competitor Keyword Analysis Tools
Identifying keywords that your competitors use to promote resources is an integral part of working with their own semantic core. Information about the "keys" of a competitor helps to avoid unnecessary competition, as well as find free content niches.
The most interesting tools for analyzing keywords of competitors include:
- SpyWords is a Russian-language service that allows you to receive data about SEO and PPC campaigns of competitors, as well as compare the semantic cores of selected resources. The service provides an opportunity to approximately evaluate the marketing budgets of competitors and monitor the dynamics of their resources in the natural issue.
- SEMrush is a professional software that will interest marketers promoting projects in the burzhunete. This tool identifies key phrases used by competitors to advance in Google search and PPC campaigns. SEMrush also helps to find external links to the resources of competitors. The service allows you to analyze resources based on the geographical location and language.
SEO technical tools
Tools of this group allow you to check the technical compliance of resources with the requirements of search engines, as well as to obtain other information that is important from the point of view of search engine optimization. Most marketers use the convenient and free Google Webmaster Tools and Yandex.Webmaster. You can also pay attention to the tool Netpeak Spider.
- Google’s Webmaster Tools helps the marketer look at the resource through the eyes of the world's largest search engine. Using the toolbar, you can check the status of the site indexing, get information about search traffic, check the status of the sitemap file and URL parameters. Learn more about this service in our article "How to improve the effectiveness of an SEO campaign using Google webmaster tools."
- Yandex.Webmaster is a convenient service from the largest search engine on the Russian Internet. It allows you to monitor the indexing of the resource, adjust the indexing parameters, define search queries, evaluate the site's position in the search and receive notifications of technical errors.
- Netpeak Spider is a free program that allows you to check the technical characteristics of resources in the context of search engine optimization. The program allows you to analyze internal and external links, quickly find errors, including broken links, duplicate content and incorrect redirects.
Link Monitoring Tools
Links help the audience to find your resource and move to it from thematic sites, blogs, forums and social networks. In addition, links help search engines to assess the credibility of your site. Therefore, link monitoring is one of the most important components of search marketing.
Using Google Webmaster Tools and Yandex.Webmaster, you can see backlinks to the promoted resource. And if this is not enough for you, use the following tools:
- Majestic SEO is a link monitoring service whose volume of stored information is comparable to the amount of data stored on Google servers. This tool allows you to evaluate the reference environment of the promoted resource, as well as competitors' resources. It also helps to identify the most popular external links anchor, resources that most often refer to you and other data. Majestic SEO service can be used for free to analyze the promoted resource, however, you will have to pay for checking competitors' resources.
- Open Site Explorer is a tool for keeping track of external links to a promoted resource, assessing the credibility of referring domains and pages, and defining links with the nofollow attribute. The paid version of the service allows you to determine the number of social broadcasts for individual pages of the promoted resource.
SEO Campaign Management Tools
Professional marketers usually run multiple SEO campaigns at the same time. Therefore, they use tools that automate management processes.
Among the tools for managing SEO campaigns are the following:
- Optify is a service that makes it possible to manage SEO, SMM and PPC campaigns, Emai mailings and leads, to create informative reports. This marketing automation tool is designed specifically for project promotion agencies. Optify can be used if you are fluent in English.
- Russian-speaking marketers should pay attention to the SEMCRM tool. Developers position it as a full-fledged CRM for marketing agencies. SEMCRM includes modules for managing projects, SEO campaigns, web analytics and report building blocks.
Web Analytics Tools
Analytics services give marketers the opportunity to evaluate the effectiveness of SEO campaigns. The most popular analytical services include Google Analytics and Yandex.Metrica.
These services allow you to evaluate SEO campaigns by various criteria, including:
- Attendance of the resource.
- Traffic sources
- The user’s time on the page.
- Bounce rate.
- Conversion rate
Also, analytics services help generate reports. A "Yandex.Metrika" has a module "Webvisor" that allows you to visually assess the behavior of users on the pages of the promoted resources.
To improve the ratings of promoted resources, content marketers use various services and software. These tools help to work with the semantic core, analyze competitors' keywords, monitor backlinks and monitor technical compliance of resources with the requirements of "search engines". These tools also help analyze marketing effectiveness and manage SEO campaigns.
P.S. If you liked this article, be sure to read this one - the top 500 tools for integrated promotion of sites.