The genetic code of many marketers contains a harmful behavioral pattern. A certain sequence of nucleotides makes the specialists look for any information platforms and channels, capture them and shout to the audience: "Buy, buy, buy!"
In the era of information noise and deafness to advertising, this gene is rudimentary. The more a marketer imposes and advertises his product, the more actively the audience is protected from its messages. From this it follows that the methods that do not sell or impose are most effectively sold, sorry for the tautology. How can I sell without online sales? Read below.
What sells without sales
According to the company Nielsen, more than half of people do not trust various types of advertising. For example, contextual advertising on the search results page is not believed by 60% of users. Only 40% of people believe banners on sites.
However, more than half of Nielsen respondents trust the information provided on the brand’s website. Half of the users believe the email list they subscribed to. The vast majority of people believe the reviews and opinions of real consumers.
An ancient proverb says that even a hundred shepherds will not make a horse go to a watering place if it does not want to drink. But one shepherd will easily lead to the water of a herd of horses that are thirsty. This logic works in Internet marketing: people resist advertising-imposed solutions, but they are happy to accept offers if they trust the source of information and can assess the situation on their own.
How to use content for sales without imposing
A person lives in conditions of excess data and information noise. Despite this, he is experiencing information hunger. This hunger makes people search for information using Google and Yandex, check news feeds on social networks several times a day, open e-mails, view RSS aggregators and favorite information resources. Under these conditions, brands must create the content that users are looking for on their own. This can be done using the methods described below.
- Provide your audience with comprehensive information and accurate facts.
Most buyers know what they want. Consumers are looking for information in the network to justify their desires. Imagine a consumer who needs a large-screen tablet. He must study the specifications of several tablet PCs to make the final decision. Make sure that the potential client receives the necessary information on your site. Use the following guidelines:
- Compare products with each other. Do not be afraid to compare your products with competitors' products: in this case, users will be able to find you using Google, even on requests that competing companies use to promote.
- Describe in detail the capabilities of the product and explain the rules for their use.
- Provide users with additional useful information. For example, the buyer of the multicooker will certainly be interested in recipes of dishes that can be prepared with the help of this device.
- Answer user questions
Do not be limited to standard replies in the FAQ section. Learn to anticipate possible questions from the audience and answer them in detail in a blog. These recommendations will help you:
- Ask your company's experts to write a note about the most common problems faced by customers. For example, a loss adjustment expert can tell clients of an insurance company how to avoid a refusal to pay for a hull insurance.
- Interview independent reputable experts. The audience will consider your website a source of objective information, thereby increasing the credibility of your brand.
- Face the product
Showrooming is a current retail trend. Buyers want to see and touch the goods before buying. You can partially satisfy this desire without sending representatives of the target audience to offline stores. To do this, use these tips:
- Post quality product photos. Let the buyer see the subject from different angles.
- Use video reviews. Publish them on YouTube to give the opportunity to watch the videos of mobile gadget owners. Do not forget about the possibilities of social networks: you can publish short videos in Instagram and Vine.
- Use the photo and video to tell about the use of your products. Encourage consumers to create visual content related to your company.
- Take advantage of the practices of the ancient Greeks
This is a Trojan horse, which was used by Greek soldiers to penetrate the city. As a horse, you can use useful information for users. In it, you can safely disguise the data about your brand by submitting it in an unobtrusive manner. As such information you can use:
- Marketing research. Offer the audience a survey report in the form of white paper or a presentation.
- Checklist. The audience willingly keeps short checklists to use them someday.
- How to. Do not be limited to consumer guides, telling about the choice of product. For example, explain to the audience how to change the tap or repair the window yourself.
- Use custom content
It was mentioned above that the overwhelming majority of people trust the opinion of real buyers. Motivate buyers to share their experience with potential customers. For this:
- Hold contests.
- Pay customers for detailed reviews.
- Ask an independent expert to rate your product.
Beat your hands whenever you want to encourage the audience to buy something.
The more you try to sell, the more you push the audience away from you. Instead, use the no-sales sales tactic described above. Refer to your product where appropriate. Motivate users to share your content on social networks. Offer your audience alternative solutions.